|A.Choose the correct answer.
- Nabil was late last night, ________________ his father punished him.
- Amina is an excellent cook. ________________ her daughter is a terrible one.
although/as a result/whereas
- The injury Amine had was________________ the terrible accident.
because/caused by/due to the fact that
- Nadia is working hard ________________ fail the exam.
so that/in order not to/so as to
B. Put the verbs between brackets in the correct form.
- Salma didn’t want to see a doctor because she (already, see) ________________ one before.
- Amine’s clothes were dirty because he ( play) ________________ football for a long time.
- Salim (do) ________________ his homework first then he (visit) ________________ his friend.
- The train (already, leave) ________________ by the time we (get) ________________
- to the station.
- The patient ( die ) ________________ after the doctor ( come) ________________.
C. Put the verbs between brackets in the correct form( gerund or infinitive
- Leila decided (work) ________________ hard to get good results in the Bac exam.
- Amine enjoys (play) ________________ football in his free time.
- Anas is looking forward to ( see) ________________ his pen-friend soon.
- I feel like (listen) ________________ to music now, I want to have a rest after this hard day .
- Amine pretended (not, see) ________________ Anas when he was crossing the road.
D. What do these sentences express?
- “Could you possibly lend me your book, please?”
- “I am afraid but I can’t. I have a test tomorrow”
- I am not sure I got your point.
- Would you mind clarifying that, please?
- Could you explain that more fully, please?
- Would you be so kind as to post this letter for me?
E. Fill in the blanks with a word from the list.
tight-fisted basic-education kind-hearted absent-minded open-minded private-schools
red-handed self-reliant well-known educational-system formal-education left-handed
- Moroccan cuisine is ________________ for its delicious dishes.
- ________________ people can’t make friends because they are too mean to offer even a cup of tea.
- All children should have access to ________________.
- The police caught the criminal________________ so, he can’t deny his crime.
- We should be ________________ towards other cultures to co-exist and accept each other.
- ________________ people are successful in their lives, because they don’t rely on the others.