Fill in the blanks with the correct linking words from the list.
due to in order not so as to as a result because
not only…but…also… despite although so that such as
- _________________ Brahim is one my best friends, he didn’t invite me to his party.
- Elizabeth didn’t feel well _________________ she had eaten too much chocolate.
- John worked hard all year; _________________, he had excellent marks.
- She left home early _________________ she could arrive home early.
- _________________ the cold weather, they went swimming.
- The football match was cancelled _________________ heavy rain.
- UNESCO works to promote fields of interest _________________ education, science and culture.
- He pretended to be ill _________________ to go to school.
- She went to England _________________ practise her English.
- He _________________ teaches in a school, _________________ he _________________ gives private lessons.
Supply the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
- Whe she (arrive) _________________ home yesterday, the match (already/start) _________________.
- I (be) _________________ very tired because I (study) _________________ too much.
- I (wait) _________________ there for more than two hours before he finally arrived.
- Do you feel like (go) _________________ for a walk ?
- Susan promised (finish) _________________ the project within two weeks.
Match the following words to form collocations.
Fill in each blank with one of the collocations above.
- _________________ _________________ to multimedia room empowers students’ skills.
- Every individual has the right to _________________ _________________ to act as an active member of society.
- The problem of _________________ _________________ can be solved by organising non-formal evening classes.
- There is no _________________ _________________ to Moroccan people if you eat with your fingers.
- Even with different _________________ _________________, people can understand each other through face-to-face communication.
What would you say in the following situation?
You didn’t get the meaning of “BLOG” when your teacher explained it.